Monday, July 9, 2012

Take My Life - 1967

I acquired this book over the Christmas holiday while my grandmother was cleaning out her basement. I haven't read the book yet, but I picked it up because I really liked the cover illustration.  I loved how the bold white silhouette contrasted against the busy and colorful background of London, complete with a watercolor texture sky.  

Take My Life was written by Winston Graham and published by Doubleday & Company, Inc in New York in 1967.  This particular copy is marked on the flap as being a Book Club Edition.  The illustration on the cover is credited to Lynn Sweat.  Does that name sound familiar to you at all?  It might - Lynn Sweat is known for the illustration work he has done for the popular Amelia Bedelia series of children's books.


2 comments:

  1. What a great picture, this can only make a artist. The best thing of this picture which I found the border which is used by painter.printing pictures

    ReplyDelete