Sunday, December 4, 2011

Welcome to Pictures and Print!

For some time now, I have been sharing vintage books from my own collection on my sketch blog to show where some of my inspirations come from. I enjoy sharing my books so much that I decided to create a spin-off blog specifically for that purpose. My collection is always growing, so I will always have new books to share as well as other vintage items of interests, such as magazines, comics, and more.

To start off with, I added all of the former posts from my sketch blog to this blog in order to keep the material together. I will be sharing new books in the days and weeks to come. I've also added more specific tags to those posts to make it easier to sort through subject material. I think the decade tags will be most helpful as I continue to add more books.

I collect mainly illustrated books, with a focus on fairy tales and children's books. I don't collect according to any sort of value and instead look for illustrations and styles that I enjoy. I will mostly be scanning the book covers as well as any pages I find interesting. I will never be scanning an entire book, simply because it would be too time consuming. However, if I have a particular book that is of interest to you and there was something specific that you wanted to see out of it, let me know!

I'm very much looking forward to sharing my collection with everyone! I hope you enjoy the blog. If you get a chance please visit some of the ads in the right column or at the bottom of the page to help support the blog and so I can continue to share new books with all of you.

...I also often post on Instagram, vintage related and not, as jackieocean. Feel free to follow along!

No comments:

Post a Comment