Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sir Kevin of Devon - 1963

I realized it's been a while since I made an entry in the inspirations category, so I thought I would share another vintage book from my collection. This was another used book store find that came from just absentmindedly wandering around the shop. This particular children's book is called Sir Kevin of Devon, written by Adelaide Hall, illustrated by Leonard Weisgard, and published in 1963 by Lothrop, Lee and Shepard Co.

I was drawn to this book primarily for two reasons. The first was that I really liked the restricted color scheme. The second thing that caught my attention, and the main reason I bought it, is that a lot of the castle buildings in the book reminded me of the concept artwork that was done by Eyvind Earle for Disney's Sleeping Beauty film. All in all, a nice little book to add to my collection.





*This post was originally posted in my sketch blog on January 22, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment